United Way of Delhi (UWD) is a not-for-profit organization registered under the Societies Registration Act. It is a secular, apolitical and autonomous body founded to create a measurable and sustainable impact in the lives of under privileged communities in and around Delhi- NCR, India. The organization leverages the United Way Worldwide network, to provide quality support to transnational/ national/ local companies, not-for-profit organizations, individuals, volunteers and others interested in bringing sustainable change in the lives of the people in its local community needing support.
UWD maintains global standards defined by United Way Worldwide in selecting and partnering with organizations to ensure ethical behavior, accountability, transparency, efficiency and effectiveness. The organization supports initiatives under four verticals – Education, Health, Livelihood and Youth Empowerment. We are committed to ensure that the resources deployed are utilized in the most efficient way to create maximum impact.
The process of selecting a project involves two stages:
- Pre Grant Application – To determine whether the proposed project is aligned with the vision and mission of United Way of Delhi
- Grant Application – The short-listed NGO/ project is then required to submit a formal grant application as per the guidelines from UWD’s program team to facilitate compliance with United Way due diligence processes.
UWD partners with local legally compliant and credible charitable organizations to advance ‘Common Good’ in its community. To find out more details about partnering with UWD, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
To be eligible to receive funding from United Way of Delhi, the Non Profit agency must meet the following criteria:
- Be a registered nonprofit organization in India
- Have an active board of directors that meets with a quorum at least quarterly
- Have a stated mission and bylaws
- The organization should not have any religious or political affiliations.
- Conduct an annual audit and submit the audit report to the Charity Commission
Subscribe to the mission of United Way as demonstrated by conforming to the Memorandum of Understanding (to be signed between your agency and United Way)